A little about my passion, my experience, and my expertise
As a counselor, I’ve been privileged to run individual & group counseling programs at schools in the Saddleback Unified School District, Fullerton School District, Laguna Beach School District and Newport-Mesa School District. During the past 5-6 years, I have been thrilled to serve both as a school counselor and mental health clinician.
Relationships are my great joy, and I love personally getting to know students and their families, and collaborating with support teams of teachers, administrators and outside resources to eliminate barriers to student achievement.
I believe in implementing a school counseling core curriculum based on the standards of the evidence-based ASCA model, as well as offering responsive services and system support. I am able to do student & family counseling program development and evaluation, and perform crisis intervention for students with mental health needs. I am trained as a PBIS coach and a PAL Program facilitator to create a positive school climate and am certified as a FEMA emergency coordinator. I also have suicide hotline experience, with an ASIST certificate.
I am an experienced facilitator of SST/SIT meetings, and enjoy participating in IEP, CAST & District meetings with amazing administrators, teachers, students and their families, with an ultimate goal of supporting students to reach academic excellence.
I have an MA in Counseling from Chapman University, with an emphasis in Professional Clinical Counseling and a PPS Credential in School Counseling, all built on a BA in Psychology from Cal State Long Beach.
I am experienced in multiple psychotherapeutic treatment modalities, such as Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing, and am a Licensed Professional Clinical Counseling # 4909.
I am equally at home working with Low SES (high-risk) and High SES student populations, and I would consider it a privilege to contribute to your counseling team!
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
• Peer Assistance Leadership (PAL) Certified Secondary Advisor – OCDE
• PBIS Coach Training – OCDE
• Certification: PrePare Crisis Intervention
• Certification: FEMA Emergency Management
• Certification: CPR & First Aid
• Bilingual: Fluent English and Spanish
• OC CA Association of School Counselors (OC CASC) – Elementary School Counselor Representative, 2015-16
• California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) – Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor #4909
• National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) – National Certified Counselor #1068479
• California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (CAMFT) – Member
• California Association for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (CALPCC) – Member
• Psi Chi: International Honor Society for Psychology – Member
“Every kid is ONE caring adult away from being a success story.”- Josh Shipp
CERTIFICATIONS, SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES
Your message was sent successfully!
Something went wrong, try refreshing and submitting the form again.