Empowering Students through….providing direct service
It was a privilege to be part of their lives. My goal for the students I worked with, was to empower them by giving them additional supports, so they may believe in themselves.
SAMPLE: Group Session Outline
Outline of 4th-Session Program – Third series
Study Skills – Stress Management & Memorization
9th Grade – going into 10th & 11th
Approximately 8 students (Tutorial – 9:36AM-10:11AM) 35Min
Session 1: Building Rapport/Trust – 25 min + 5min wrap-up
Goal: Establish high comfort level for sharing; make group cohesive.
10min: HANDOUT: ICE-breaker – Anchor your Stress cards – Elbow buddy
• 5min: Confidentiality/Safe Place – no cell phones, no breaks, kind words
• 5min: Check-in: On a scale of 1-5, 1 being poorly, 5 being great. How are you feeling today?
10 min Quick Review: What is stress? How do you know you’re stressed? What are the negative ways & positive ways in dealing with stress? Give examples..
Discuss: How can we manage stress handout
• Discuss strategies for stress management – handout
• 5min: Q & A? Handout Imaginary Visualization
• Read inspiring quotes — “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” ― William James
• Live in the moment, day by day, and don’t stress about the future. People are so caught up in looking into the future, that they kind of lose what’s in front of them.